Friday, October 9, 2009

Nobel WHAT?

I woke up this morning, an otherwise normal morning, to hear that our President, Barack H. Obama, had been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. I thought it was a practical joke they were playing on us from Oslo. NOPE, Obama has been awarded the Peace Prize (along with $1,000,000.00 that he so desperately needs!) for ... ummmm... for the life of me I can't figure out why. It occured to me that this is the same organization who awarded the prize to Mohammar Khaddafi (sp) and Al Gore, so in reality it's really no big deal. In the grand scheme of things, Obama has done as much to promote peace as either one of them, so celebrate America! Your President has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for ... something... I'm sure that no-one will notice those 40,000 extra troops arriving in Afghanistan pretty soon. Right? How to you spell Nobel? H I P O C R A C Y! (or L I B E R A L, you pick!

1 comment:

Ashok said...

I'm not sure that the Europeans who gave Obama the Nobel are hypocrites, although they are most certainly liberals, and not very bright ones. They hate George Bush to an unprecedented degree, and can only see the current President as the anti-Bush.

It's fine for them to live in their childish little world, but I think it is important for us not to get too crazy about what they think. I suspect President Obama was a bit embarrassed by this, and if so, that portends well for all of us. Now if he can cut out some of the Bush-bashing himself...